Kikino is a village in the Smolensk region of Russia , in the Temkinsky district . It is located in the eastern part of the region 13 km west of Temkino , near the Vyazma-Temkino highway. 5 km north of the village, the stopping point of the 36th km on the Vyazma - Kaluga railway line. The population is 232 inhabitants ( 2007 ). The administrative center of the Kikinsky rural settlement.
|Subject of the federation||Smolensk region|
|Municipal District||Tyomkinsky district|
|History and Geography|
|Center height||194 m|
|Climate type||moderately continental|
|Timezone||UTC + 3|
|Population||232 people ( 2007 )|
|Density||266.67 people / km²|
|Telephone code||+7 48136|
- 1 History
- 2 Economics
- 3 Attractions
- 4 References
Former merchant village. In 1776 plotted on maps. In Kikino there was a zemsky camp, where trials took place. In 1861-1922, the Kikinsky volost as part of the Yukhnovsky district, then from 1922 as part of the Temkinsky volost, 1924-1963 - as a part of the Temkinsky district, 1963-1972 in the Gzhatsky district, after 1972 as part of the Temkinsky district. The name came from the name of the boyar Alexander Kikin, who supported Tsarevich Alexei , for which he was put to death. After his death, the village passed from hand to hand several times, including being in the possession of Prince Alexei Orlov. In the XIX century, fairs were held 2 times a year in the village, a zemstvo school, a hospital, a cheese factory, a cloth factory, and water mills were built. In 1859, there were 149 inhabitants in the village, 1904–192 inhabitants, 2 brick factories, 2 forges.
Incomplete secondary school, House of Culture, library, dispensary.
- The sculpture on the mass grave of 482 soldiers of the Soviet Army who died in 1941 - 1943.
- Monument of architecture: Church of St. Michael the Archangel, 1785 - 95 years.