Victor G. Pugachev (born August 8, 1948 , Taganrog ) - Soviet test pilot , Honored Test Pilot of the USSR (12/18/1991), Hero of the Soviet Union  (10/31/1988, medal No. 11587), retired colonel. The aerobatics “ Cobra Pugachev ” was named after him, since Pugachev was the first pilot to perform it publicly  .
|Victor Georgievich Pugachev|
|Date of Birth||August 8, 1948 (71 years old)|
|Place of Birth||Taganrog city, Rostov region , RSFSR|
|Citizenship||the USSR Russia|
|Awards and prizes|
|Award winning photo .|
|Civil photo .|
In 1966, after graduation, Pugachev entered the Yeisk Higher Military Aviation School named after Komarov . After graduating from it, he was left at the school as a flight instructor. He trained cadets on the Su-7 U and Su-7 B aircraft , prepared 23 fighter pilots.
In October 1976, Pugachev successfully passed the selection and enrolled in the School of test pilots of the USSR Ministry of Aviation Industry.
In December 1978, after graduation, he was sent to the post of third-class test pilot at the M. M. Gromov Flight Research Institute .
As a co-pilot and ship commander, he happened to fly on MiG-21 , MiG-23 , MiG-25 , and MiG-31 aircraft .
By 1980, Pugachev became a second-class test pilot. In October of that year, after graduating from the Moscow Aviation Institute , he accepted the offer to go to the Sukhoi Design Bureau , where he continues to work to the present.
In 1982 , after a year of active flight testing, he was appointed Lead Su-27 Test Pilot.
He owns a number of world records set on a Su-27 aircraft, including climb rates of 3, 6, 9 and 12 thousand meters. Tests fighter successfully completed in 1984 , and the aircraft was adopted.
At the turn of 1983 - 1984, the first Soviet aircraft carrier cruiser was laid down at the Nikolaev Shipyard. The Sukhoi Design Bureau began research work on testing the parameters of take-off and landing on the deck of the ship. The flights were carried out on aircraft Su-25 and Su-27 .
In 1985, preliminary tests culminated in a successful landing at the aerofinish. On August 17, 1987, Pugachev made the first takeoff on a ship-based test aircraft Su-27K (T-10K-1).
On March 18, 1988, at the head of a squadron of seven Su-27 aircraft, he flew Kilp'yavr - Graham Bell - Kilp'yavr, with landing and take-off in the most difficult weather conditions at low temperatures  .
On November 1, 1989, an aircraft manned by Pugachev made its first landing on the deck of the aircraft-carrying cruiser “Tbilisi” (now “Admiral of the Fleet of the Soviet Union Kuznetsov” ). After testing, this machine received the official designation Su-33 , and the aviation production association in Komsomolsk-on-Amur began its mass production.
In 1989, the first decision was made on the participation of Sukhoi Design Bureau aircraft in the international aerospace show in Le Bourget and on the preparation of a special demonstration complex. On April 28 of the same year, Pugachev first publicly demonstrated the dynamic braking mode with access to the maximum angle of attack (“ cobra ”) before specialists at the Zhukovsky airfield, after which it was included as a separate element of the demonstration program of the Su-27 aircraft in Le Bourget. For participating in the development of super-maneuverability regimes, he became one of the prize winners of N.E. Zhukovsky (1989) . [four]
Since 1991 - Deputy Chief Designer of the Design Bureau named after P.O. Sukhoi for flight tests. Lives and works in the city of Zhukovsky, Moscow Region .
In 2011, he was elected to the Moscow Regional Duma, but subsequently refused the mandate  .
I considered it inappropriate to be in the Duma. Moreover, our city did not vote in favor of United Russia, Viktor Georgievich commented briefly on his action.
The decision to withdraw from the party list of deputies of the Moscow regional Duma from United Russia left Viktor Pugachev the mandate of a deputy of the Council of Deputies of the city of Zhukovsky.
On August 17, 2013 in Taganrog, on the initiative of the Taganrog Union of Aviators in honor of the Hero of the Soviet Union, Honored Test Pilot of the USSR Viktor Pugachev, a memorial plaque was erected on the pedestal of the Su-7b monument  .
Working as a test pilot on Sukhoi aircraft, V. G. Pugachev set 13 world records:
|date||Class and group||Description||Record||Status|
|1986-11-15||C-1 (3)||3,000 m climb time||25.37 s||Record|
|1986-11-15||C-1h (3)||3,000 m climb time||25.37 s||Record|
|1986-11-15||C-1 (3)||Climbing time 6,000 m||37.05 s||Record|
|1986-11-15||C-1h (3)||Climbing time 6,000 m||37.05 s||Record|
|1986-11-15||C-1 (3)||Climbing time 9,000 m||47.03 s||Superior to 44.18 with the same plane|
|1986-11-15||C-1h (3)||Climbing time 9,000 m||47.03 s||Superior to 44.18 with the same plane|
|1986-11-15||C-1 (3)||Climbing time to a height of 12,000 m||58.10 s||Superior to 55.54 with the same plane|
|1986-11-15||C-1h (3)||Climbing time to a height of 12,000 m||58.10 s||Superior to 55.54 with the same plane|
|1990-03-29||C-1h (3)||Climbing time to a height of 15,000 m with 1,000 kg payload||1 min 21.71 s||Record|
|1993-05-20||C-1i (3)||Climbing time to a height of 15,000 m||2 min 6 s||Record|
|1993-05-20||C-1i (3)||Climbing time to a height of 15,000 m with 1,000 kg payload||2 min 6 s||Record|
|1993-05-20||C-1i (3)||Maximum payload to 15,000 m||1.015 kg||Record|
|1993-05-20||C-1i (3)||Maximum height with 1,000 kg payload||22,250 m||Record|
- Hero of the Soviet Union ( 1988 ) - for the courage and heroism shown during the development of the Su-27 ;
- Order "For Merit to the Fatherland" III degree ( July 29, 1999 ) - for merits to the state, a great contribution to the development, creation of modern aviation technology and many years of conscientious work  ;
- Order of Lenin (1988);
- Order of the Badge of Honor ( 1982 );
- Order of Courage ( 2002 );
- Honored Test Pilot of the USSR ( 1991 );
- laureate of the prize of N. E. Zhukovsky (1989)  ;
- Order of Ivan Kalita ( Moscow Region , August 1, 2008 )  ;
- Laureate of the V. Vysotsky Prize “ Own Track ” (2001).
- Cobra Pugacheva
- Pugachev Victor Georgievich // Aviation encyclopedia in persons / Otv. A.N. Efimov . - Moscow: Bars, 2007 .-- S. 497. - 712 p. - ISBN 978-5-85914-075-6 .
- Menitsky V. My heavenly life. - M .: Olma-Press, 1999 .-- 752 p. - ISBN 5-224-00546-9 .
- Su-27 - landing near the pole .
- G.S. Byushgens, E.L. Bedrzhitsky. TsAGI - Center for Aviation Science . - Moscow: Nauka, 1993 .-- 272 p. - 15,000 copies. - ISBN 5-02-007017-3 .
- Grigoryeva A. Viktor Pugachev refused the deputy mandate // Zhukovsky News. - 2011 .-- Dec 16
- Sdatchikova I. He discovered the “Cobra” for the world // Taganrog truth. - 2013. - Aug 22.
- Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of July 29, 1999 No. 912.
- Resolution of the Governor of the Moscow Region of August 1, 2008 No. 79-PG “On Awarding the Awards of the Moscow Region” (inaccessible link) .
- Simonov A.A. Honored Testers of the USSR. - Moscow: Aviamir, 2009 .-- S. 161. - 384 p. - ISBN 978-5-904399-05-4 .
- Vasin V.P. , Simonov A.A. Testers LII. - Zhukovsky: Aviation Printing Yard, 2001. - P. 111. - 192 p. - ISBN 5-93705-008-8 .