Θ , θ (name: theta , Greek. Θήτα, other Greek. Θῆτα ) - the 8th letter of the Greek alphabet . In the Greek alphabetical system of numbers, it has a numerical value of 9. It comes from the Phoenician letter - tet . From the letter theta came the cyrillic letter Ѳ (fita) . The modern Greek name is phyta [ˈθi.ta] . In ancient Greek, it sounded like an aspirated [ t ʰ ], then moved to [ θ ].
|Theta Greek letter|
|Title||Θ : greek capital letter theta|
θ : greek small letter theta
ϴ : greek small letter theta
ϑ : greek theta symbol
|Unicode||Θ : U + 0398|
θ : U + 03B8
ϴ : U + 03F4
ϑ : U + 03D1
|HTML code||Θ : |
|Utf-16||Θ : 0x398|
θ : 0x3B8
ϴ : 0x3F4
ϑ : 0x3D1
|Url||Θ :% CE% 98|
θ :% CE% B8
ϴ :% CF% B4
ϑ :% CF% 91
|Mnemonics||Θ : |
In the pre-revolutionary spelling of the Russian language, borrowed from the Greek word with a theta was transmitted through phyta (for example, the Greek Greek Θῆβαι as “ Ѳiva ”, ὀρθογραφία as “orography”, Θεσσαλία as “ ѲESSALIA ”).
- In the worldwide phonetic transcription ( International Phonetic Alphabet ), the Greek letter theta represents a muffled dental crevice consonant . In the past, the sign þ was used for this purpose.
- The symbol is used to denote the temperature in physics, in particular the Debye characteristic temperature .
- This letter denotes the zenith angle in a spherical coordinate system .
- In electromechanics, this letter denotes the load angle of a synchronous electric motor.
- In sopromat, this letter denotes the angles of rotation of the beam bending under load.
- One of the EEG rhythms in medicine is the theta rhythm .
- A capital letter denotes an expansion parameter in internal ballistics .
- In Scientology, the Greek word for theta (and the letter Θ) is used as a symbol for designating thought as “energy”.
- In theory, complexity analysis of algorithms denotes the time complexity of an algorithm.
- In linear algebra is one of the notation of the zero matrix  .
- In O-notation, denotes a function asymptotically equivalent to a given one.
- In mathematics, there is a Theta function .
- In colloid chemistry, the surface area of the adsorbent occupied by surfactant molecules is indicated.