The Order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky is the Soviet military order of the Great Patriotic War .
|Order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky|
|A country||the USSR|
|To whom is awarded||commanders and fighters of the Red Army and Navy , leaders of partisan units and partisans|
|Award Basis||for special decisiveness and ability in operations to defeat the enemy, high patriotism, courage and selflessness|
|Options||Diameter 55 mm|
|Established||October 10, 1943|
|First award||October 26, 1943|
|Number of awards||8451|
|Senior award||I degree: Order of Nakhimov I degree , II degree: Order of Nakhimov II degree , III degree: Order of Kutuzov III degree|
|Junior Award||I degree: Order of Suvorov, II degree , II degree: Order of Suvorov, III degree , III degree: Order of Alexander Nevsky|
Statute of the Order
The order was established by the Decree of the Presidium of the USSR Armed Forces dated 10.10.1943 on the establishment of the order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky I, II and III degree . Subsequently, this Decree was amended by Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR of February 26, 1947 .
The order is awarded to the commanders and fighters of the Red Army and Navy, the leaders of partisan detachments and partisans who have shown particular decisiveness and ability in operations to defeat the enemy, high patriotism, courage and selflessness in the struggle for the liberation of Soviet land from German invaders.
Awarding the Order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky is made by Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Council of the USSR.
The order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky consists of three degrees: I, II, and III degrees. The highest degree of the order is I degree.
The order of Bogdan Khmelnytsky of the 1st degree is awarded to the commanders of fronts, fleets, armies, flotillas, their deputies, chiefs of staff, chiefs of operational departments and chiefs of arms of the troops of the fronts, fleets, armies and flotillas, commanders of formations of partisan detachments:
- For a successful operation that was carried out with the use of skillful maneuver, as a result of which a district, a city of special strategic importance, a settlement was liberated from the enemy, and the enemy was seriously defeated in manpower and equipment;
- For the operation carried out by the connection of partisan detachments, as a result of which the headquarters of the enemy troops were defeated, their military base was captured, large transports with manpower and enemy equipment were destroyed, as well as for the skillful, carried out together with the Red Army units, military operation, which resulted in the liberation a significant part of Soviet territory from the enemy.
The Order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky II degree is awarded to commanders of corps, divisions, brigades and regiments, their deputies, chiefs of staff, commanders of formations of partisan detachments, their deputies and chiefs of staff, commanders of partisan detachments:
- For breaking a fortified enemy lane, a successful operation to force the water line, for a deep raid into the enemy’s rear, as a result of which the enemy’s communications were seriously disrupted and serious damage was caused to his rear supply bases;
- For the skillfully organized and successfully carried out by the partisan detachment operation, as a result of which the enemy stronghold was defeated, the enemy garrison was exterminated, Soviet citizens hijacked to German hard labor were disrupted, communications and communication lines were broken, enemy transports were destroyed.
The order of Bogdan Khmelnytsky of the III degree is awarded to ordinary, sergeant, sergeant and officer corps up to and including the battalion commander, commanders of partisan detachments, commanders of partisan detachments and partisans:
- For the bold initiative and decisiveness shown by the unit commander in a combat operation that ensured the defeat of the enemy, the seizure of a settlement or an important milestone;
- For the courage and resourcefulness shown by the commander of the partisan detachment, which ensured the successful conduct of the military operation, inflicting heavy damage on the enemy and disrupting his military activities;
- For personal initiative, courage and perseverance shown during the performance of a combat mission, which contributed to the success of the operation carried out by the unit or partisan detachment.
The order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky is worn on the right side of the chest. If there are other orders of the USSR, the order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky of the 1st and 2nd degree is located after the order of Nakhimov of the corresponding degree, the order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky of the 3rd degree is after the order of Kutuzov of the 3rd degree.
The Order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky is the last of the established Soviet "land" commanders during the Great Patriotic War . This is the only Soviet military order, the third degree of which ordinary soldiers and partisans could be awarded.
The Order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky is the only order of the USSR, the inscription on which is not made in Russian ( Ukrainian Bogdan Khmelnitsky ).
Established during the liberation of Ukraine at the proposal of a member of the Military Council of the 1st Ukrainian Front, Lieutenant General N. S. Khrushchev ; among the participants in its creation were figures of Ukrainian culture: film director A. P. Dovzhenko  and poet Mikola Bazhan .
13 artists took part in the competition for the best sketch of the order. The sketch of artist N. I. Moskalev and graphic artist A.S. was approved . Pashchenko  . The name of the order and the Ukrainian language of the inscription indicated its predominant confinement to the Ukrainian SSR , although this was not officially stipulated anywhere in the statute. In fact, he was awarded mainly distinguished on four Ukrainian fronts. Partisans were widely awarded to them (by decree of January 4, 1944, many leaders of the partisan associations of Ukraine were awarded the order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky of the first two degrees).
The Order of Bogdan Khmelnytsky, First Class No. 1, was awarded by Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR of October 26, 1943, to the Commander of the 12th Army of the 3rd Ukrainian Front, Major General A. Danilov. . In total, this order was awarded 323 awards. Generals V.K. Baranov , N.A. Borzov , I.T. Bulychev , F.F. Zhmachenko , N.T. Kalchenko , S.I. Morozov and several others were awarded the Order of the first degree twice.
The Order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky, II degree No. 1, was awarded by Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR of October 26, 1943, to the commander of the sapper battalion, Major B. V. Tarasenko, for ensuring the crossing across the Dnieper during its crossing. In total, this order produced 2390 awards. Generals V. S. Bisyarin , G. A. Kurnosov , I. I. Ladygin , A. Ya. Novak , Colonels L. S. Gudkov , V. K. Zhidkov , P. M. Zorkin , P. I. Kuznetsov , MN Sazhin and several others were awarded the Order of the II degree twice.
On October 28, 1943, the order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky III degree No. 1 was awarded to the deputy commander of the battalion Senior Lieutenant T. D. Rybin . In total, this order produced 5738 awards.
According to the Central Archive of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, in November 2014, 876 orders of Bogdan Khmelnitsky were not awarded to the awarded  .
The order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky had no option on a suspension block, but was always made with a pin.
Famous Knights of the Order
- Biryuzov S. S. Marshal of the Soviet Union
- Kovpak S.A. Commander of the 1st Ukrainian partisan division, major general . Order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky 1st degree (7.8.1944)
- Kosheva P.K. Marshal of the Soviet Union Order of Bohdan Khmelnitsky 1st degree (05/05/1945)
- Tarasenko B.V. (1915 -?). Guards Colonel Order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky, 2nd degree, No. 2 (order of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR of 10.26.1943)
- Pronin A.M. (1899-1987) Lieutenant General Order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky 1st degree
- Chernyakhovsky I.D. Army General .
In modern Ukraine
On May 3, 1995, President of Ukraine Leonid Kuchma instituted a state award of Ukraine with the same name - the Order of Bohdan Khmelnytsky .
- ↑ 1 2 Balyazin V.N. For the feat of labor and labor. - M: Education, 1987 .-- S. 136.
- ↑ Russian newspaper - a week. No. 44, 2014.P. 30.
- Durov V. A. Russian and Soviet military awards. State Order of Lenin Historical Museum. - M .: Vneshtorgizdat, 1990. - S. 53-60.
- Kolesnikov G.A., Rozhkov A.M. Orders and medals of the USSR. - Mn. : People's Asveta, 1986. - S. 41-43.
- Malinkin A.N. Symbols of Orders of the USSR. Research on Sociology Awards. - M .: The New Millennium Foundation, 2005. - 136 p. - ISBN 5-86947-958-7 .
- Potrashkov S.V. Awards of the USSR, Russia and Ukraine. - Belgorod: Family Leisure Club, 2011. - S. 154-158. - ISBN 978-5-9910-1393-2 .
- Potrashkov S.V., Livshits I.I. World War II Awards. - M .: Eksmo, 2008 .-- S. 179. - ISBN 978-5-699-29296-7 .
- Smyslov O.S. Awards of the Great Victory. - M .: Veche, 2010. - S. 100-109. - (History of awards). - ISBN 978-5-9533-4637-5 .
- Surzhik D.V. Awards of the Second World War. - M .: OLMA Media Group, 2011. - P. 66–67. - ISBN 978-5-373-03798-3 .
- Tsareva T. B. All awards of the Second World War. Orders, medals and badges. - Rostov n / a : Vladis, 2010 .-- S. 55-58. - (Historical Library). - ISBN 978-5-9567-0859-0 .