Bogoroditsky is a village in the Smolensk region of Russia , in the Smolensk region . It is located in the western part of the region, 9 km southeast of the city limits of Smolensk , 2.5 km east of the A141 Orel - Vitebsk highway, on the banks of the Dresna River. The population is 1433 inhabitants ( 2007 ). The administrative center of the Kozinsky rural settlement .
|Subject of the federation||Smolensk region|
|Municipal District||Smolensky district|
|History and Geography|
|Center height||216 m|
|Climate type||temperate continental|
|Timezone||UTC + 3|
|Population||1433 people ( 2007 )|
|Density||353.83 people / km²|
|Telephone code||+7 481|
The exact date of the foundation of the village is unknown, but the following information is available in the Diocesan Vedomosti
Bishop Ignatius, having bought one country place from the inhabitants of Smolensk, set up a wooden church in it in the name of the Mother of God and gathered a brotherhood with her, therefore the newly founded monastery itself became known as Bogoroditsky
 The full name of the monastery was - "In the name of the Virgin in the village."
There was a monastery at the church. The church and monastery were burned by the Poles during the lifting of the siege in 1611 . In 1701, a church was built in Bogoroditsky in the name of the Assumption of the Virgin, which was a special valuable architectural monument. Not far from the church was a chapel and a priest's house. This priest’s house has not survived to our time. By the name of the monastery and the village they began to call Bogoroditsky.
Greenhouse complex, high school, kindergarten, first-aid post, post office, canteen (currently used as a private house).
- The settlement southwest of the village on the left bank of the river. Dresna.
- The village near the village on the left bank of the river. Dresna.
Ancient settlements discovered along the Dresna River date back to the 9th-15th centuries. These peasant settlements were stretched along the river and on one side fenced by ravines. During plowing fields, ceramic material was discovered. Thus, it was possible to establish the borders of the largest settlement on the right bank of Dresny, about a kilometer southwest of the village of Goryany . In the late 50s, archaeologists excavated and discovered the remains of three buildings. They had a rectangular shape and were coated with clay. Nearby were pits - cellars for storing food and cattle pens. During excavations, iron sickles, keys, several knives, an arrow were found. The most interesting finds were pottery hallmarks, one of which was a princely sign - a trident inside a circle. This find speaks of the spread of princely power to this settlement. In the 12th century, with the collapse of Kievan Rus, one of the first princes of the independent Smolensk principality was Rostislav Mstislavich , the grandson of the famous Vladimir Monomakh . In order to strengthen political independence from Kiev, he organized in Smolensk an independent church administration - the diocese. Under a special charter of 1150, Rostislav Mstislavovich donated a tenth of his income to the church and granted 2 of his villages, Yasenskoye and Drosenskoye. The discovery of the princely stigma helped to accurately determine the location of the old Russian village of Drosnensky.
The name of the river Dresna comes from the Baltic word "Driksna", which means "water".
- State archive of the Smolensk region