Ponizovye is a village in the Smolensk region of Russia , in the Rudnyansky district . It is located in the northwestern part of the region 36 km north of the district center, on the left bank of the Kasplya river, 26 km west of Demidov and 10 km east of the border with Belarus . The population is 959 inhabitants ( 2007 ). The administrative center of the Ponizovsky rural settlement.
|Subject of the federation||Smolensk region|
|Municipal District||Rudnyansky district|
|History and Geography|
|Center height||142 m|
|Climate type||temperate continental|
|Timezone||UTC + 3|
|Population||959 people ( 2007 )|
|Density||5641.18 people / km²|
|Telephone code||+7 48141|
Until 1924, the village was part of the Siluyanovo volost of the Porech district of Smolensk province. In the years 1924-1929 - the administrative center of the Ponisov parish of Demidov district. In 1929-1930, 1935-1961 - the center of the district of the same name . Since 1961, as part of the Rudnyansky district
High school, hospital, library, dairy factory.
- The sculpture on the mass grave of 588 soldiers and partisans of the Soviet Army, who died in 1941 - 1943.
- The hillfort at the confluence of the river. Dry Polenitsa in the river. Kasplya.
- The nursery "Smolensk Saplings" is the only nursery in which only local planting material is sold.
- In sec. The legendary former district police officer Moskalev Alexey Vasilievich lives in Lower Strait.
- Ponizovye is located on the left bank of the river. Kasplya. The river was part of the "from the Varangians to the Greeks."