The Order of the Grand Duke of Lithuania Gediminas ( lit. Lietuvos didžiojo kunigaikščio Gedimino ordinas , until 2003 - Didžiojo Lietuvos kunigaikščio Gedimino ordinas ) - state award of the Republic of Lithuania .
|Order of the Grand Duke of Lithuania Gediminas|
|Lietuvos didžiojo kunigaikščio Gedimino ordinas|
|Award Basis||hard and honest work in the public service or in public activities|
|Senior award||Order of the Cross of Witis|
|Junior Award||Order of Merit to Lithuania|
The order was established in 1928 to award Lithuanian and foreign citizens for hard and honest work in the public service or in public activities.
The Order of the Grand Duke of Lithuania Gediminas has five degrees and a medal of the order.
The Order of the Grand Duke of Lithuania Gediminas was established in 1928 and initially had four degrees.
Named in honor of the Grand Duke of Lithuania Gediminas  (Gedeminas).
The second-time establishment of the Order of Lithuania.
Canceled in 1940 after the incorporation of the Republic of Lithuania into the USSR .
The order was reinstated after Lithuania seceded from the USSR on the basis of the Law of the Republic of Lithuania “On Orders, Medals and Other Insignia” Nr.I-1799 of September 12, 1991 .
|32 article. Awarding the Order of the Grand Duke of Lithuania Gediminas|
The Order of the Grand Duke of Lithuania Gediminas is awarded to persons who served Lithuania, who distinguished themselves by especially hard and honest work and social activities. 
Degrees of the Order of the Grand Duke of Lithuania Gediminas
|33 article. Structure of the Order of the Grand Duke of Lithuania Gediminas|
1. The Order of the Grand Duke of Lithuania Gediminas has five degrees.
2. Signs of the Order are: the Grand Cross, the Grand Commander’s Cross, the Commander’s Cross, the Officer’s Cross and the Knight’s Cross.
3. The grand cross of the order is:
4. The Grand Commander's Cross of the Order is:
5. The command cross of the order is:
6. The officer cross of the order is:
7. The knight's cross of the order is:
Decoration elements for the badge of the order and star
Badge of the Order
The reverse side of the badge of the order
“ Pillars of the Gadiminovichi ” ( lit. Gediminaičių stulpai ) - pre-heraldic and heraldic sign of the princely house of the Gadiminovichi
Signs of the Order
|Big cross||Grand Cross, for awarding women||Grand Commander's Cross|
|Grand Commander’s Cross|
for rewarding women
|Commander's Cross||Commander Cross|
for rewarding women
|Officer cross||Knight's cross||Order Medal|
- Semyon Yakovlevich Rosenbaum - Lithuanian representative at the talks after the First World War and at a peace treaty with Soviet Russia .
- Princess Maria Magdalena Radziwill .
- On April 21, 2004, Danish Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen became the holder of the Grand Cross of the Order  .
- February 5, 2008 Valery Novodvorskaya was awarded the Knight's Cross of the Order  .
- On February 5, 2008 Lyudmila Alekseeva was awarded the Knight's Cross of the Order  .
- Astikas, A. (1993) Lietuvos ordinai, medaliai ir ženkleliai 1918-1940 , Vilnius: Mintis.
- Kavaliauskas V. Už nuopelnus Lietuvai
- Gediminas ( lit. Gediminas . The annals mentioned how Gediminus , the great prince of Lithuania, ruled from 1316 to 1341.
- Lietuvos didžiojo kunigaikščio Gedimino ordino statutas
- Decree of the President of the Republic of Lithuania of April 21, 2004 No. 20
- Decree of the President of Lithuania dated February 5, 2008 No. 1K-1250 on the website of the President of Lithuania
- State orders, medals, etc. on the page of the President of the Republic of Lithuania (lit.)
- Law of the Republic of Lithuania “On State Awards” Nr. IX-957 of June 18, 2002 (effective) (lit.)
- Order of the Grand Duke of Lithuania Gediminas on the page of the National Museum of Lithuania (inaccessible link) (lit.)
- Medal of the Order of the Grand Duke of Lithuania Gediminas
- Lithuanian Awards