The North Front is a combined-arms operational-strategic association of Russian troops in the First World War as part of the Russian Imperial Army .
|Years of existence||August 1915 - 1918|
|A country||Russian empire|
|Enters into||Armed forces of Russia, Russian Imperial Army|
|Participation in||World War I 1914 - 1918|
|Famous Commanders||Commander in chief, see list|
He participated in operations against the German troops in the north, defending Petrograd . Field Administration was formed in August 1915 . Liquidated in early 1918 .
- Field office ( headquarters )
- Detachment of the special importance of the headquarters of the Federation Council (1915-1918)
- 4th Military Aviation Army Group of the Northern Front of the Russian Imperial Military Air Fleet .
- 1st Army (Apr. 1916 - July 1917, Sept. 1917 - early 1918)
- 5th Army (Aug. 1915 - early 1918)
- 6th Army (Aug. 1915 - Dec. 1916)
- 12th Army (Aug. 1915 - early 1918)
- XLII separate army corps - from December 1916
On February 28, Nicholas II left Stavka for Tsarskoye Selo, but on the night of March 1 he was informed that the nearest railway hubs were occupied by rebel forces. The royal train turned into Pskov , where the headquarters of the Northern Front was located. On the night of March 1 and 2, M.V. Rodzianko delivered a telegraphic message to the commander-in-chief of the Northern Front, General N.V. Ruzsky.
Front Commanders (Armies)
- 08/18/1915 - 12/06/1915 - General of Infantry Ruzsky, Nikolai Vladimirovich
- 12/06/1915 - 02/06/1916 - Pavel Adamovich Pleve cavalry general
- 02/06/1916 - 07.22.1916 - General of Infantry Kuropatkin, Alexey Nikolaevich
- 08/01/1916 - 04/25/1917 - General of Infantry Ruzsky, Nikolai Vladimirovich
- 04/29/1917 - 06/01/1917 - cavalry general Dragomirov, Abram Mikhailovich
- 06/01/1917 - 08/29/1917 - General of Infantry Klembovsky, Vladislav Napoleonovich
- 08/29/1917 - 09/09/1917 - Major General Bonch-Bruevich, Mikhail Dmitrievich
- 09.09.1917 - 11.11.1917 - General of Infantry Cheremissov, Vladimir Andreevich
- 11/14/1917 - xx.11.1917 - Lieutenant-General Yuzefovich, Yakov Davidovich
- хх.11.1917 - хх.хх.хххх - Major General Lukirsky, Sergey Georgievich
- Army of the countries participating in the First World War: Russia
- “Who was who in the First World War?” K. A. Zalessky, 2003