Suschevskaya street - a street in the Central administrative district of Moscow in the Tver district .
Sushchevskaya, 14 (Bogolyubov Library)
|Underground||Novoslobodskaya , Mendeleevskaya|
Suschevskaya street connects Seleznevskaya street and Paliha , runs parallel to Novoslobodskaya . The numbering of houses starts from Seleznevskaya street. The street continues Novovorotnikovsky lane , its continuation beyond Palikhoy is Tikhvin Street . The street goes from south to north, length - 600 meters.
Origin of title
The name of the street, as well as several other neighborhoods ( Novosushchevskaya street , Suschevsky Val ) goes back to the village of Sushchevo , first mentioned in the XV century . The name of the village comes from the personal name (or nickname) "Existing". [one]
The village of Suschevo probably existed already in the XII - XIII centuries . It was first mentioned in 1433 in the testament of Prince Yury Dmitrievich Galitsky, who transferred Sushchevo to his son Dmitry. Later, the village became part of the city and turned into two settlements - Old and New Suschevskys. Modern Suschevskaya street was the central street of the Old Suschevskaya settlement and fully preserved its shape from the XVII century to our time.
The first mention of the wooden suburban church in honor of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God dates back to 1625 , however, it was probably built earlier. In 1682 - 1685 in its place a large stone church was erected at the expense of the inhabitants of the settlement. After the construction of the church was completed, Suschevskaya Street was named after the church - Kazansky Pereulok, but this name did not stick and the street became Suschevskaya again at the beginning of the XVIII century . In 1877-1880, a large refectory and a bell tower were attached to the Kazan Church by the project of architect P. P. Zykov . In 1939, the Kazan Church was destroyed, in its place a school was built (house number 32).
Notable buildings and structures
On the odd side
- No. 9 is the apartment house of the Insurance Company "Russia" (1910, architect F. F. Voskresensky ).
- No. 9, p. 4 - RKK Radio Museum .
- No. 29 - a house built at the beginning of the 20th century by architect KA Mikhailov was surrounded by a baroque fence. In the early 2000s, the house was renovated, while in the course of the work the historical fence was destroyed and replaced with a “replica”.
On the even side
- No. 14 - libraries named after A. Bogolyubov . Until 1998, the building consisted of two completely different parts: the front stone and the wooden one behind it. In 1878, the marine painter A.P. Bogolyubov built a wooden hut-workshop here. In the 1890s, the building passed to N. S. Tretyakov, the nephew of collector and philanthropist P. M. Tretyakov . The new owner did not destroy the wooden workshop, and ordered to attach a stone structure to it from the side of the street. The author of the project was the architect A.E. Erichson .
- In 1918, one of the first Soviet libraries was arranged in the building, first called the Sushchyov-Maryinsky Club, then the Surikov Library, and finally, since 1996, the Library named after A. Bogolyubov. In 1998, the wooden part, built by the artist, whose name began to carry the library, was demolished; a new building has been built instead.
- No. 16 - apartment building (1898, architect N. G. Faleev ).
- No. 16, p. 8 (goes to Suschevsky's dead end ) - the apartment house of N. F. Rzhevsky (1902). The three-storey building was built by a teacher of a private female gymnasium, a member of the Moscow branch of the Imperial Russian Technical Society, Nikolai Fedorovich Rzhevsky. Especially for his wife, the artist Antonina Rzhevskaya , a glazed art workshop was arranged on the top floor of the house, where many Russian artists of the beginning of the 20th century attended tea parties. In Soviet times, the house was built on two floors, and the All-Russian Research Institute of Automation named after Dukhov was placed in it.
- In March 2015, the owner of the building, located within the boundaries of the cultural heritage protection zones, began its unauthorized demolition. The Moscow government stated that it condemns the actions of the VNIIA named after NL Dukhov, but does not have the authority to stop demolition work in the territory under the Ministry of Defense  .
- Number 18 - the house decorated in the center was erected in 1897, architect N. A. Tyutyunov .
- No. 20 is a small mansion with the monogram “EK”, the initials of the wife of the last building owner, Elizabeth Krotov.
The nearest metro stations are Novoslobodskaya and Mendeleevskaya . On Suschevskaya street runs tram route number 50.
- Names of Moscow streets . Toponymic dictionary / R. A. Ageeva, G. P. Bondaruk, E. M. Pospelov, and others; auth. foreword E.M. Pospelov. - M .: OGI, 2007. - (Moscow Library). - ISBN 5-94282-432-0 .
- The Moscow Government condemned the actions of VNIIA im. Spirit, breaking Rzhevsky's apartment building. // "Fronde TV", April 7, 2015.
- Novosushchevskaya street
- Suschevsky Val
- Romanyuk S.K. On the lands of Moscow villages and settlements. - M .: Svarog and K. ISBN 5-93070-017-6
- Sheikina G. A. Riddles of old Suschev (inaccessible link) .