1959 in the history of railway transport
|1959 in the history of railway transport|
|1956 1957 1958 - 1959 - 1960 1961 1962|
|Other topics in 1959|
- In the Czech Republic, the Children's (pioneer) railway in Pilsen was opened .
- June 2 - crash at the Minino station ( Krasnoyarsk Territory ). The freight train, due to an incorrect indication of the traffic light, crashed into the tail of a bulk carrier at the station. There was a fire that spread to a nearby passenger train. Among the dead are about 56 children from Khakassia.
- On July 14, in accordance with the order of the Council of Ministers of the USSR No. 748 of 07/13/1959 and Order of the Ministry of Railways No. 42 of 07/14/1959, the Moscow Railway was formed .
- On August 1, by decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR, 195 the best workers in railway transport were awarded the title Hero of Socialist Labor .
- On September 29, traffic was launched along the electrified section of New Jerusalem - Volokolamsk of the Riga direction of the Moscow Railway .
- On October 1, on the Ryazan direction of the Moscow Railway, the first electric train arrived in Kolomna from Moscow , replacing the locomotive traction.
- Pechora Railway became part of the Northern Railway  .
New rolling stock
- The first F series AC electric locomotives ordered in France arrived in the USSR .
- NEVZ begins serial production of AC electric locomotives VL60 .
- December 31 - Two experimental G1 electric locomotives (later EO) arrived at the Brest border station.