1848 in the history of railway transport
|1848 in the history of railway transport|
|1845 1846 1847 - 1848 - 1849 1850 1851|
|Other topics in 1848|
- April - the Zombkowice line ( Zombkowice-Slaska ) was opened - the border of the Russian Empire with a length of 14 km  .
- Railway construction began in Spain  .
- Two narrow-gauge railway lines with a length of about 130 kilometers were built in Guyana  .
New rolling stock
- In England , the first steam engine tank was built at the plants of George England
- April 25 - Nikolai Leonidovich Schukin , engineer, designer of steam locomotives, scientist in the field of railway transport.
August 12 - George Stephenson , a famous English inventor, mechanical engineer, who made a major contribution to the development of steam locomotive building.
- Brief information on the development of domestic railways from 1838 to 1990 / Comp. Afonina G.M. - M. , 1996 .-- 223 p. - 3,000 copies.
- Rail transport: Encyclopedia / Ch. ed. N. S. Konarev . - M .: Big Russian Encyclopedia , 1994 .-- 559 p. - ISBN 5-85270-115-7 .