1997 in the history of railway transport
|1997 in the history of railway transport|
|1994 1995 1996 - 1997 - 1998 1999 2000|
|Other topics in 1997|
- March 3 - A railway accident occurred in Pakistan in the Punjab province. Killed 128 people  .
- April 29 - Two passenger trains collided in China in Hunan Province . 100 people died, about 300 were injured  .
- September 19 - In the UK, the Swansea express train - London crashed into an empty freight train near Southall . 7 people died   .
- The cancellation of Shinkansen 200 electric trains has begun.
- In Russia , the mass closure of inactive and departmental railway lines began.
New rolling stock
- Demikhovsky Machine-Building Plant began production of electric trains of the ED4 series.
- The production of electric trains of the 500 series, E3 series and E4 series of the Shinkansen network has begun.
- In Norway , the production of the NSB El 73 series electric trains has begun at ABB Daimler Benz Transportation 's factories.