Vikhorevka - a city (since 1966 ) in the Bratsk district of the Irkutsk region . Forms the Vikhorevsky municipal entity .
|Subject of the federation||Irkutsk region|
|History and Geography|
|Timezone||UTC + 8|
|Population||↘ 21 279  people ( 2017 )|
|Nationalities||Russians , Ukrainians , Buryats , Poles , Germans, Armenians, Azerbaijanis|
|Denominations||Orthodox, Catholics, Evangelists, Muslims|
|Katoykonim||vikhorevtsy, vikhorevets, vikhorevchane, vikhorevchane|
|Telephone code||+7 3953|
The city is located on the left bank of the Vikhoreva River (a tributary of the Angara ), at the confluence of the two taiga rivers Ub and Vikhoreva, 916 km from Irkutsk by rail and 600 km by road, 38 km from Bratsk .
The climate of the territory is sharply continental. In winter, a powerful anticyclone forms here, causing frosty, cloudy and quiet weather with little rainfall. In the summer, cyclonic activity develops, with which a significant amount of precipitation is associated. Annual precipitation is 400-, 25-40% of which is solid precipitation, 60-75% is liquid. Snow cover is formed in mid-October and is destroyed in the third decade of April (180-190 days). Its height is 30-. The average annual air temperature is about -3 ° C. The coldest month is January (average temperature from –23 to –25 ° С). The average temperature of July, the warmest month, is from +25 to + 30.5 ° С. Significant amplitude of extreme temperature fluctuations: from -60 ° С to + 44 ° С. The frost-free period is small (80-100 days). Frosts occur even in July. With the anticyclonic nature of the weather, there is a large repeatability of calm. Average wind speeds in winter do not exceed 1-3 m / s. In the spring, due to the development of cyclonic activity, the average monthly wind speeds increase (up to 4-5 m / s), in the summer they decrease again, revealing a slight increase in the autumn. In the cold period, southeast and westerly winds prevail, while in the warm period, west and northwest winds prevail.
The first frosts are observed on September 11, the last - on June 7.
The average monthly temperature in January is −23.2 ° С, in July + 25.5 ° С. The average annual temperature is −2.7 ° С. 
In the mid-60s west of the city of Bratsk, a new city called Vikhorevka was marked on a geographical map. It got its name from the Vikhoreva River flowing in the area. Before the arrival of Russian explorers on the fraternal land, it was called in the Tunguska "Gea". In 1630, a service man, Vihor Savin, a streletsky centurion, was killed in a shootout with local residents at the mouth of this river. Since then, the river received a new name - Vikhoreva.
The fact that Vikhoreva got her name precisely during this period, i.e. in 1629-1630, and not later, the record of Maxim Perfilyev, made in 1631, testifies: “And another long threshold in the Fraternal land beyond the Vikhorevaya River is more than ten miles”
Thus, having inherited his name from the deceased Cossack, the Vikhoreva River not only preserved it, but also transferred it to two settlements: the village of Ust-Vikhorevo, located at the confluence of the Vikhoreva River in the Angara, and the city of Vikhorevka, which arose in its middle course.
The city of Vikhorevka is a city of regional subordination, the largest administrative unit of the Bratsk district of the Irkutsk region.
According to the Urban Planning Code of the Russian Federation, Vikhorevka belongs to the group of small cities of the country. The main function of the Vikhorevka is that it is an important railway station of the Baikal-Amur Railway and the East Siberian Railway on the Taishet - Lena section. The city plays an important role in the harvesting of wood, both on a regional scale and on a regional scale.
Vikhorevka station was founded in 1947 simultaneously with the construction of the Taishet railway ( Taishet station ) - Ust-Kut ( Lena station ). The work of the Taishetlag prisoners, mainly Japanese prisoners of war, was used in the construction of the road. Among the construction prisoners were also the so-called. "Harbintsy" - Russian residents of Harbin , arrested by the Soviet authorities after the defeat of the Kwantung Army in August 1945  . In the 1950s, in Vikhorevka there was 410 penal camp Ozerlag  .
On November 27, 1957, the Vikhorevka substation settlement was assigned to the category of urban-type working settlements  .
Vikhorevka received city status in 1966  .
Until 1997, the Fraternal branch of the VSZhD was based in Vikhorevka ( NOD- 4, Chuna - Lena ).
On May 26, 2009, after two years of construction, a new railway station building was opened  .
|1959 ||1967 ||1970 ||1979 ||1989 ||1992 ||1996 ||2000 ||2001 |
|10 861||↗ 16,000||↗ 17 901||↗ 20 502||↗ 23 872||↗ 24 500||↗ 24,700||↘ 24 600||↘ 24,400|
|2002 ||2005 ||2006 ||2007 ||2008 ||2009 ||2010 ||2011 ||2012 |
|↗ 24 763||↗ 24 800||→ 24 800||↘ 24,700||↘ 24 600||↘ 24 517||↘ 22 520||↘ 22 459||↘ 22 205|
|2013 ||2014 ||2015 ||2016 ||2017 |
|↘ 21 963||↘ 21 767||↘ 21 597||↘ 21 459||↘ 21 279|
As of January 1, 2019, in terms of population, the city was in 645 place out of 1115  cities of the Russian Federation  .
- Locomotive operational depot Vikhorevka TCHE-9 ,
- Wagon depot VChD-11 (OAO VRK)
- Service locomotive depot Bratsk branch of the East Siberian LLC LokoTech-Service
- Recovery train VP-8
- Vikhorevsky site of NGCh-1
- Vikhorevsky section of DPMu-17 SPMS-337
- Vikhorevsky site PCh-ISSO
- Track machine station ПМС-66
- Vikhorevsky section of the carriage operational depot VChDE-13
- station Vikhorevka
- Vikhorevsky control center of work of stations of DTSS
- Vikhorevsky site OMTO-1
- Sanatorium "Pine Springs"
- Brotherly Culture Center (DK Zheleznodorozhnik)
- BFSK Lokomotiv
- Training Center
- Vikhorev distance of the path ПЧ-17
- Vikhorev distance alarm and blocking ШЧ-10
- Regional communications center RCS-1
- Motor car depot
- Vikhorevsky distance of power supply ECh-8
- Vikhorevsky site of DTV-1
- Vikhorevsky site of DPO
- station st.Vikhorevka
- NORV 4 of the Taishet detachment of the FSI branch of the Russian Railways on the Eastern Railway
- NORB-8 fire train of the Taishet detachment of the branch of the Federal State Budgetary Enterprise in the Russian Railways on the Eastern Railway
- LLC Zheldorohrana
- SKA - Consulting and Outsourcing Systems LLC - motor company
- LLC Baikal (logging and timber processing enterprise).
- Vikhorevskaya Oil Depot - Branch of the Joint Stock Company Irkutsknefteproduct Rosneft
- MU RES-1 CJSC BESK
- Vikhorevsky production site of the Bratsk Forestry
- LLC “Board of Eastern Siberia”
- LLC “Hunting fisheries”
- LLC Finteko
- PCh-122 of the Bratsk branch of OGKU "Fire service of the Irkutsk region"
- LLC "Heat Networks"
- Municipal Unitary Enterprise "ZhilService"
- MUE "ZhES"
- LLC "Our city"
- LLC Housing and Maintenance Service LLC
- LLC "Our house"
- Bratsk regional administration of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia on transport
- Security agency "Vympel"
- Security agency "Centaur"
- ROSTO DOSAAF
- OGBUZ "Bratsk regional hospital" "VGB"
- NUZ UP at st. Vikhorevka JSC Russian Railways
- SES VF FGUZ
- Add. office in Vikhorevka branch of JSC "VSTKB"
- Add. office in the town of Vikhorevka, a branch of JSC VTB24
- OKASB of the Russian Federation a branch of the Sberbank of the Russian Federation Bratsk branch No. 2413
- Print mass-media
- newspaper "Landmark" 
- Free newspaper “In every house”
- The newspaper "Fifth Corner" and others.
- Radio station
- Radio Retro FM (FM frequency 97.50 MHz).
There are two institutions of the Federal Penitentiary Service of Russia in the city: FKU " IC No. 25 GUFSIN of Russia in the Irkutsk Region"  and PKU " LIU No. 27 GUFSIN of Russia in the Irkutsk Region". 
The social and cultural sphere of the city is served by seven kindergartens, five secondary schools, a correctional school, a children's art school, a home for children's creativity, and a rehabilitation center for children with disabilities.
A central library network has been created, there are two houses of culture: BCC "Zheleznodorozhnik" and the CD "Accent", sports complexes "Taezhny" and "Lokomotiv", a ski base.
Health care is represented by a city hospital and a railway clinic. There is also a social shelter for the elderly.
In the city there is a sanatorium "Pine springs". This is a year-round medical institution with a general therapeutic profile with 100 seats for Russian Railways employees. Here, without interruption from production, rehabilitation and prevention of cardiovascular, gastrointestinal and nervous diseases, as well as diseases of the respiratory system, musculoskeletal system, etc. are carried out. There is a rehabilitation department for people with occupational diseases, as well as for victims of accidents at production. There is a year-round children's recreation camp for children with 50 places (pulmonology, gastroenterology, neurology, urology, cardiology, orthopedics, otolaryngology).
City Internet Service Providers
TTK (TransTeleCom, Baikal TTK, https://web.archive.org/web/20150714162657/http://baikal-ttk.ru/ )
Teleos-1 ( http://teleos.ru/ )
"Gamma" (better known as the "Prophet HomeNet" or the "Prophet's Grid", previously one of the first and largest local networks in the city)
Rostelecom ( http://irkutsk.rt.ru/vihorevka )
Enforta (ER-Telecom Holding JSC) (8-423-279-00-04, https://www.enforta.ru/ )
- Six Orthodox churches and chapels are located in Vikhorevka: the Church of the Tikhvin Icon of the Mother of God, the Church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker, the House Church in the name of the Resurrection of Christ in ITK No. 25, the House Church in honor of the Icon of the Blessed Virgin Mary "Tikhvinskaya", the Chapel in honor of the Protection of the Mother of God at the city hospital , Chapel in the name of Tsar-Martyr Nicholas II in the ITK No. 27. 
- There are three Protestant churches in Vikhorevka: “Christian Church of the Reformation” ( ROSHVE ), “Vihorevskaya Church of the Holy Gospel” ( XEI “Union of Nehemiah” ) and “Church of Christians of the Evangelical Faith ( Pentecostal )“ Source of Life “”. 
Sport and exercise
- Sports complex "Taiga". 
- UIA " Sports School ". There is a sports hall, two exercise rooms (one of them is female), a swimming pool and a ski base. Sports and youth classes are held in the following sports: boxing, basketball, volleyball, kickboxing, athletics, skiing, swimming, sports dancing, weightlifting, football, hockey and chess. 
- Population of the Russian Federation by municipalities as of January 1, 2017 (July 31, 2017). Date of treatment July 31, 2017. Archived July 31, 2017.
- Vinokurov M.A. Sukhodolov A.P. Cities of the Irkutsk Region. - Irkutsk, 2010.
- Gritsyak Evgen. Meek record spogadіv. Norilsk rebel. Pislya rebel. Kiev: Smoloskip. 2013 c. 148.
- HISTORY OF VORTEX | Pribaikalye - Bratsk District
- Great Soviet Encyclopedia. Ch. ed. A.M. Prokhorov, 3rd ed. T. 5. Veshin - Gazli. 1971. 640 pp., Ill .; 38 l ill. and cards. 1 card incl.
- The building of the new station opened at Vikhorevka station, Irkutsk region | News Irk.ru
- 1959 All-Union Census. The number of urban population of the RSFSR, its territorial units, urban settlements and urban areas by gender . Demoscope Weekly. Date of treatment September 25, 2013. Archived on April 28, 2013.
- People’s encyclopedia “My city”. Whirlwind
- 1970 All-Union Population Census. The number of urban population of the RSFSR, its territorial units, urban settlements and urban areas by gender. . Demoscope Weekly. Date of treatment September 25, 2013. Archived on April 28, 2013.
- 1979 All-Union Population Census. The number of urban population of the RSFSR, its territorial units, urban settlements and urban areas by gender. . Demoscope Weekly. Date of treatment September 25, 2013. Archived on April 28, 2013.
- 1989 All-Union Population Census. The urban population . Archived on August 22, 2011.
- 2002 All-Russian Population Census. Tom. 1, table 4. The population of Russia, federal districts, constituent entities of the Russian Federation, regions, urban settlements, rural settlements - district centers and rural settlements with a population of 3 thousand or more . Archived February 3, 2012.
- The number of permanent population of the Russian Federation by cities, urban-type settlements and districts as of January 1, 2009 . Date of treatment January 2, 2014. Archived January 2, 2014.
- Results of the 2010 All-Russian Population Census for the Irkutsk Region . Date of treatment September 23, 2013. Archived September 23, 2013.
- Population by municipalities as of January 1, 2012: stat. bull. Irkutskstat. - Irkutsk, 2012 .-- 81 p. . Date of treatment September 24, 2016. Archived September 24, 2016.
- The population of the Russian Federation by municipalities as of January 1, 2013. - M.: Federal State Statistics Service of Rosstat, 2013. - 528 p. (Table 33. The population of urban districts, municipalities, urban and rural settlements, urban settlements, rural settlements) . Date of treatment November 16, 2013. Archived November 16, 2013.
- Table 33. The population of the Russian Federation by municipalities as of January 1, 2014 . Date of treatment August 2, 2014. Archived on August 2, 2014.
- The population of the Russian Federation by municipalities as of January 1, 2015 . Date of treatment August 6, 2015. Archived on August 6, 2015.
- Population of the Russian Federation by municipalities as of January 1, 2016
- taking into account the cities of Crimea
- The population of the Russian Federation by municipalities as of January 1, 2019. Table "21. The population of cities and towns by federal districts and constituent entities of the Russian Federation as of January 1, 2019 ” (RAR archive (1,0 Mb)). Federal State Statistics Service .
- Press service of the Bratsk district branch of the LDPR . In the town of Vikhorevka, unidentified persons set fire to the office of the opposition newspaper and the LDPR reception office . "City: Bratsk News" (March 16, 2014). Date of treatment November 28, 2018.
- PKU IK-25 . GUFSIN of Russia in the Irkutsk region (August 16, 2018). Date of treatment November 28, 2018.
- FKU LIU-27 . GUFSIN of Russia in the Irkutsk region (August 16, 2018). Date of treatment November 28, 2018.
- Temples . 2nd Brotherly Deanery . Date of treatment November 28, 2018.
- Map of churches of the city of Vikhorevka . Map of Protestant churches of Russia . Date of treatment November 28, 2018.
- Nadezhda Ledetskaya. Renovated pool in Vikhorevka . Brotherly Television Studio (September 30, 2009). - “A new sports season has opened in Vikhorevka. Today, the Tayozhny sports complex began to work there. ” Date of treatment November 28, 2018.
- Home page . MAU Youth . Date of treatment November 28, 2018.